You can get Webex for your computer, mobile device, or web browser. Install it on multiple devices and switch between them hassle-free. Your content stays in sync because everything is stored digitally. To download the Webex application to your computer:
1. Go to https://www.webex.com/webexfromserviceproviders-downloads.html. Your platform should automatically be detected and click Download.
2. Once downloaded, launch the installer and follow the instructions on the screen.
To sign into the Webex application:
1. Once on the login screen into your email address.
2. Enter the password for this account. Once entered and submitted, you should be logged into the Webex application.
Let’s take a look at some of the main areas of this application
1. People and Spaces List
Appear on the left so you can get to them whenever you need to. At the top are your latest active spaces. If you've been added to a new team or space by anyone, you'll see it here too. You will see a bold space name when someone has posted a new message in space.
2. Navigation Menu
Switch easily among your message, team, call, and meeting views. Messages appear by default, but your teams, calls, and meetings are just a click away.
3. Profile and Preferences
In the app, header click your profile to update your picture or name, access your settings and preferences, and set your availability.
In the app header, just click search, meet, and call to search through the history of your conversations to find people you're talking to, spaces you're in, messages you received, and files you need.
Messages are where you chat with colleagues. We keep these messages secure so you can feel confident sharing your work ideas in Webex.
In Webex, make it easier for individuals to identify you by adding an image to your profile. Your profile depicts only your initials within a circle before you upload one. To upload your picture:
1. In the app header, click your profile.
2. Click Edit profile, then go to the Profile picture section.
3. Click Upload picture to browse for an image to upload.
a. Please Note: If you already have a profile picture, click Change Picture to change your current image.
4. When you've made your changes, click Save.
You can change the name of your Webex Profile to show your preferred name. To update your display name:
1. In the app header, click on your profile picture.
2. Proceed to click on your name.
3. Click Edit profile, then go to the Display name section.
4. Click on your name, and make your changes.
5. Then, click Save.
Create and post the status you want so that your friends know what you're up to. To set a custom status:
1. In the app header, In the app header, click Set a status.
2. Select a status from the list.
3. You can also click Set a new status to create a new one.
a. You can add up to five status options to the list, so they are quickly available
b. Each status has a maximum length of 75 characters and can also include emojis.
4. To remove a selected status, click Clear status..
Messages in Webex are where you chat with coworkers, exchanging content and ideas. You may send a message directly to a coworker or to a space you created. To send a message directly to a coworker:
1. Select a person from your spaces list.
2. Click the message area and then type your message. You can include files, add personality with emojis or animated GIFs, and also add formatting or Markdown to make your messages stand out or be easier to read.
3. Press Enter to send your message.
You will be notified when a new message arrives by a pop-up window in the upper right corner of your screen. To open this message:
1. Click on the pop-up notification.
2. This will bring you directly to the message space.
3. From your People Spaces list area, locate the bolded items also with a dot. This shows you have a new message from a coworker or space.
4. Click on the bolded space to access the new messages.
You can share most types of files, with the largest file size being 2 GB. You can also preview documents without downloading them first. Acceptable file types: .doc, .docx, .gif, .jpeg, .pdf, .png, .ppt, .pptx, .xls, and .xlsx.
They are multiple way to send or share a file, here are a few ways:
1. Drag and drop the file into the message area.
a. Press Enter to send the file.
2. You can also click the Attachment icon within the message area.
a. This will bring up your system dialog box where you can select and upload the file.
b. Press Enter to send a file.
3. Lastly, you can click Screen capture to select a part of your screen to capture.
a. Then, press Enter to send the file.
With Webex, you can make audio or video calls. You can make a call in Webex from many different locations. Just look for the icons of the audio or video call options.
To make a call using the dial pad:
1. Click on the phone icon.
2. Enter a phone number in the dialpad.
3. Then choose whether you want to make it an Audio or Video call.
1. While on a phone call, select More.
2. Then select Hold.
3. After you put the call on hold, your spaces list shows that it's on hold.
To go back to your held call:
1. Select it from the spaces list.
2. Then select Resume.
If you are on an active call, you can perform a Semi-Attended or an Attended Transfer to another Contact within the Company Directory or any other number you dial via the Keypad.
1. While you're on a phone call, select More.
2. Then select Transfer.
3. Enter the number or the name of the person to whom you want to transfer the phone call.
4. Next, choose whether you want to make it an Audio or Video call. Your original phone call is put on hold.
5. Lastly, you can let the other person know why you're transferring the call to them by announcing the call upon answering and then hitting the Complete Transfer button.
6. You can complete a semi-attended transfer by hitting the Complete Transfer button as soon as it starts ringing.
To initiate a Conference Call from an active call:
1. Select More..
2. Then select Add a person.
3. Enter number or type a name of the recipient,
4. Proceed to choose whether you want to make it an Audio or Video call.
5. Lastly, select Merge to join the two phone calls.
The Self Care Portal allows you to set additional preferences for your phone system.
1. Click on Call Settings.
2. Click Self Care Portal. The DSelf Care Portal will open with call settings in these different fields: Incoming Calls, Outgoing Calls.
Incoming call options provide a quick way to set your incoming call preferences, normally configured via the portal, directly from the desktop client. If you are running the softphone app on multiple devices, settings you manage here will be applied to all of them.
Do Not Disturb
The Do Not Disturb setting will send all incoming calls to voicemail and not ring on your devices. To enable, expand this area by clicking the chevron button. Activate the Do Not Disturb toggle.
Please Note: Enabling this feature can affect other group call routing features that you may be a part of like a call center or call queue; however, we recommend that if you are a part of these, that you manage your Do Not Disturb and available status within those environments.
The Call Forwarding feature allows you to forward calls to the desired number instead of your voicemail. Call forwarding options include: always, when busy, when no answer, and when not reachable. If you have not enabled a call forward service here, then calls will automatically forward to voicemail. To start, expand this area by clicking the chevron button.
The Always option forwards all incoming calls to the specified destination and has the highest service precedence. It will override all other forwarding and mobility settings. Check this box to enable and enter the number to forward calls to.
The When Busy option forwards incoming calls only when you have call waiting disabled and are currently on another call or have Do Not Disturb on. Please Note: Call waiting is modified within My Phone Next. Check this box to enable and enter the number to forward calls to.
The When No Answer option forwards incoming calls only when you are away or not answering calls. Check this box to enable and enter the number to forward calls. You may also designate the number of rings before being forwarded. Click the drop-down menu to designate the number of rings.
The When Not Reachable option automatically forwards all incoming calls to a different phone number, but only when all of your devices are offline and not connected to the network. To enable, check this box and enter the number to forward calls to.
The Simultaneous Ring option allows you to add phone numbers of other devices that you would like to ring at the same time as your primary phone, when you receive a call. You can have up to 10 simultaneous ring numbers at one time. To enable, expand this area by clicking the chevron button. Enter a number in the Set number field and hit Enter. Then, select the slider here.
The Remote Office feature allows you to use your home phone, mobile phone, or other device as your business phone. Calls made from this remote phone using click to dial, are billed to your business, and all calls that come to your business phone ring the remote office phone. To enable this feature, click the slider. Then, enter the number of the phone you wish to use as your remote office phone in the textbox.
In the Outgoing Calls options, you can block your phone number when calling other parties or contacts by enabling the Block My Caller ID option here. The Block My Caller ID feature will only block the Caller ID to external parties. Other people in your company directory will still be able to see the Caller ID.
If you have a premium package, you can meet in your Cisco Webex Personal Room.
1. Go to Meetings, by selecting the meeting icon.
2. Then choose Start a meeting.
Please Note: If you don't see Start a meeting, it could be because:
1. You don't have a Webex account.
2. You have a Webex account but you have an attendee license and not a host license.
3. You have a Webex account but it's not enabled for a Personal Room.
You can invite people to your personal room meeting in two ways:
1. First, from the meetings dashboard, click on the copy of your room meeting link.
2. Locate the person from your people and space area you would like to invite.
3. In the messages area, past the link and proceed to press Enter.
4. The link will now be sent to the invitee.
1. Locate the person you want to invite from the people and space area.
2. In the message area, click on the My Personal Room Link icon. This will input your meeting room link into the message area.
3. Press Enter to send the link to the invitee.
You can join a meeting from your computer, mobile device, phone, or a video system. To join a meeting:
1. Open your email invite.
2. Click Join.
3. If this is the first time you're joining a Webex meeting, Webex automatically downloads the app.
Please Note: If you don't want to install anything, click Join from your browser
4. Enter your name and email address. Proceed to click Next.
5. If you're asked for a meeting password, enter the meeting password that was a part of the initial email. Then, click Next.
6. In the preview window, you can make sure your audio and video sound and look good before you join the meeting.
7. Choose whether or not you want to have your video and microphone turned on before you join.
8. When ready, click Join Meeting.
Join a Meeting from Your Spaces List
1. Go to Messaging.
2. Click the green button beside the space or meeting name.
3. Choose your audio and video settings before you join your meeting.
4. When ready, click Join Meeting.